Friday 17 October 2014

Weekend WIPS

Thanks for all the lovely comments on the skirt, I have to say it is one of my most favourite things I have ever made.

There is a choice of works in progress for the weekend and next week, they are:


Knitting: Cast on for a new purple cardigan in Louisa Harding Jesse. My tension has returned with this top quality cotton yarn.


Sewing:Trying to choose which of my vintage patterns to use this gorgeous Guipure lace with while being a little bit precious about it.


Crochet:Started my fourth Elise shawl in fine lace weight yarn.


Papercraft: Catching up on some holiday scrapbooking.


Home: Clearing up after a homemade ginger beer catastrophe, luckily no one was hurt but Bloke had to release the tops on another 8 bottles and the beer rose higher than our kitchen roof extension. Scary and sad. The girls have been making it for 10 days and have been so excited, now it has all gone. Just glad no one was in the downstairs loo!

What are you up to? Jo xxx

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you do with the lace it is delightful. Have a good weekend. I am finishing off some projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is going to be lovely, that yarn is so pretty. I am editing photos this weekend and crocheting of course ;) Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, what a shock the ginger beer incident must have been, not fun at all! The skirt and your saved sewing projects from your last post are all great too! You are very creative and clever aren't you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never go wrong with the Elise shawl, love the purple yarn in your new sweater. I have the need to cast on for a sweater, but have a shawl I must finish first. So sorry about the catastrophe, I am cleaning my driveway, how exciting!
    hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow glad everyone was ok with the ginger beer explosions, loving the colour of the pruple cardi. have a good week.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, ginger beer disaster! Good thing no-one was there. Loving the look of that purple yarn and marveling - as always - at your inspiring speed and productivity! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who knew ginger beer could be so dangerous. Glad everyone was okay. Bee xx

    ReplyDelete