Thursday 16 October 2014

In the creative zone

This make is a bit complicated but ultimate creative fun with little tales along the way...



Big Sis loved this hand me down dress but it had a tulip bottom with an under frill which she loathed so I cut it off and hemmed it up normally around August time.


I am revisiting this blouse which did not get an airing this summer because it was too tight across my hips and a bit too long in the body for me. I removed the gathered hem from here too. Also my right bicep is larger than my left one (apparently) so I am taking off the arm bindings and making them bigger. Then I got bored and stuffed it all back in the sewing drawer under the bed, this was in early September.


I have bits of Liberty Tana Lawn Florenece to use up so I dived into the sewing drawer remembering my summer hack jobs. I had saved the frills, I remember those, there were some other bits of fat quarters lurking around too. Too much itty-bitty stuff for my liking, cluttering my sewing space...


What happens if you switch your mind off from work, family, housework and stress and sew them all together for an hour?


You get a pretty skirt for a 7 year old that looks soooo expensive..


She wore it with her T-shirt hanging out but I made her tuck it in for a picture so that you could see. I left it out on her bed and she changed into it as soon as she got in from school yesterday.
Happy, happy, happy.

I tell you what, it is getting harder by the day to photograph things in this autumn light and the clocks haven't even changed yet.

Thanks for looking, be creative. Jo xxxxxxx

21 comments:

  1. Now that what I call a creative genius an amazing job, the skirt is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crikey Jo - you're unstoppable! Looks fab x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work! I really need to try sewing something wearable. I am having the same trouble getting photos taken too, I keep waiting for the afternoon sun and then start hovering by the windows, camera in hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, I love it! I'm struggling with the photos too, there seems to be a very brief window of time when a halfway decent shot is possible but then it's usually raining!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I absolutely love it. You talented lady you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always seem to struggle with getting the right light in our cottage. We have big windows but it doesn't necessarily face the right way in order to get the best source of light. Beautiful outcome though I bet your little one loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is that? At the moment, I am just wasting my time on the internet rather than making something nice. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous! How utterly satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an excellent job. It is amazing what can be achieved with a bit of imagination and sewing know-how.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! You are so incredibly creative. I feel like they would have found you a government position in wartime, "Head of Repurposing All the Clothes" of something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the moment I started following your blog , it was when I saw a string of girls elasticated pretty skirts strung in a line and I thought I love this woman! Jo x

      Delete
  11. Creative and cute! And, how awesome it is that she loves it so much! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now look you have done it again, beautiful skirt!! I love the re-purposed pieces, you are brilliant.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that's so cute, you have such a talent. Fab
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is really clever Jo. You're a great Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love it Jo! You are so creative with sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jo you amaze me! The things you make are wonderful and I adore this little skirt...it does indeed look as if it has come from a very fancy and expensive shop.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a clever creative idea x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! You are amazing. Stuff that I'd chuck in the bin, you make gorgeous clothes out of! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful skirt,great idea!!!
    Happy week.:*

    ReplyDelete