Tuesday 19 September 2017

Tide Beret


Inevitably I made a hat to go with my mitts and scarf. It used up all, and I mean all, of the yarn.


In fact, I used up so much of the yarn that I have a'tide' ring around the back where I had to scratch around looking for a little bit more of the drops delight. I found some but it was only the green section but I still like the effect.


It is quite tricky to photograph the back of your head all by yourself I can tell you! With a fringe that needs a trim, it was difficult all round to get a good picture. 


The pattern is the Tide Beret from Knitting from the North by Hilary Grant, my current favourite knitting book. 


I made the pom pom to cover the centre where I ran out of Drops completely and had to finish the centre in Beehive 4ply. That wiped me out of yarn altogether.



It is just a really interesting thing. I loved making it and with the weather changing, I will enjoy wearing it with my other makes.

Thanks for dropping in. 
Jo xxxx

5 comments: