Wednesday 3 December 2014

Too soon?



My mum bought the girls a couple of little Christmas decoration kits. Is it too soon to talk about Christmas? 



They relished decorating them. I do have a bit of a problem with kids craft kits in that the glue rarely fits the job. In my children's vocabulary are the words 'silicone glue' because they always call out for me to get my silicone craft glue and stick the bits on for them after they have persevered and everything has dropped off - I guess it is a health and safety thing but it just sets them up to fail every time. I suppose you could say it is character building. Grrrrr!!!!



I try to keep the Christmas build up in our house to a minimum until about the last week but these were a special little treat from nanny. We don't put up our tree or any indoor decorations until later. The wreath on the door is our only sign that it is advent.


I think my routine of decorating stems from being a Primary school teacher in the past, I couldn't manage Christmas at home and at school at the same time!

I resorted to a brad to hold the ribbon on in the end. Between filing and lesson planning today, I managed to sew six bells on too. 

Joy to you in whatever you are doing over the next few days. Jo xx

10 comments:

  1. What wonderful creations, I am having great fun with arts and crafts with my grandson. Certainly takes me back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already decorated more because I know I will run out of time then I love the Season. The kits are really lovely and I bet your kids had fun with them.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craft kit glue is never any good! Even the glitter glue stuff, that comes in some kits, is just horrible. These ornaments are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They did a wonderful job. I don't think it's too soon; we're all decorated over here and I'm glad I did it early before things really get busy starting next week with school events and other special activities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about Christmas at school and then home! I love getting Christmas out here as soon as possible, so there are a lot of little Christmas touches in my house already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely little decorations - well done to your daughters
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jo - at last - I love what the girls have put together (with the help of Mum's proper glue), so pretty! We usually don't put our tree up until much nearer to THE DAY either - just what we were accustomed to over the years. Christmas seems to start earlier each year in this day and age and, although I love the sentiment of it, I dislike the commercial hype that quickly builds . . . . In case I'm not in touch again before the day, know that I send my very best to you and loved ones and hope it's a wonder-filled time for all! Love, Joy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finding the right glue for a project I have found challenging as well, Jo, but the girls ornaments came out beautifully, so I'm glad you all stuck with the project until you found one that worked! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those ornaments are precious!!! Love them as they remind me of some that I have from when I was a child! Ha... And the glue.... So right on that one! Wishing you a blessed season Jo!!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creations for decorations!!
    Greetings.:*

    ReplyDelete