When I opened the bag everything was cut out and all the notions and pattern were in there as indicated in my tick list label. Clearly I need to find a hook and eye from somewhere.
What surprised and pleased me more was that when I went to start the first part of the instructions, I had put in all the tailors tacks for the front and back darts and I don't even remember doing that! It was like finding a tenner in an evening jacket you haven't worn for ages. Oh the joy, I can't tell you.
All that was left to do was happily fill my sewing boots. The pattern was free in the Prima Magazine and the fabric, is of course, left from my 1950's party dress. It is stretch cotton and irons well for a good finish. To reduce the seam bulk on the facings I made a v cut which allows the under arm holes to sit nice and flat.
I only have snippets of this left but I am sure I can squeeze some other crafty item from the leftovers.
I will let you in on another secret, it doesn't fit me so I took out the zip, had my mum round for a fitting and put it in again with adjustments. She looks a dream in it!
Thanks for stopping by. I always love to read your comments, they warm my soul. Jo xxxxx