Thursday 16 January 2014

Crochet-a-long Thursday

Linking up this week with Marianne and Chrissie for their CAL. The crotchety blanket is still lurking in the background but today I wanted to show you progress on my Elise Shawl.


It is light and airy with a 2 row pattern that I am starting to remember. I am on the second skein and need to watch how much I use so that I have enough for a delicate border.


I am still enjoying the flowers dad and Chantal bought me to say thank you for helping them out at their wedding which was on the 30th December! I live in a cold house so flowers always last for ages, it is the only flip side I can think of in that scenario.


I am off to check out other CAL projects for inspiration. 
Thanks for looking. Jo x






17 comments:

  1. The shawl is beautiful, such a lovely lacy pattern. The flowers are still looking great, I know what you mean about how long they last in a cold house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning shawl! It is coming together so beautifully, it really will be something very special when it's finished! That yarn is just gorgeous, the colour is perfect! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is beautiful Jo, that colour is so pretty. Will google dates for the NEC show and revert asap - sounds like a good idea to me :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Shawl Jo! The colour is divine. I am sure that you will love wearing it! Your flowers are doing amazingly well too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl looks gorgeous Jo, it's a lovely pattern, it looks so delicate. The flowers are lasting well, as you say it does help when you have a cool house. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to check back to see if this is the same Elise shawl you were working on last week, which looked like it was a mossy green colour. I'm guessing this is, but I much prefer this blue-green shade, I have to say. It's really gorgeous. I wish I could attempt something like this with crochet. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, same shawl, same wool.The colour does vary a bit in different light conditions.

      Delete
  7. Always look on the bright side of life eh? I do love your shawl, the pattern is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for dropping by Jo, lovely to 'meet' you!
    Gorgeous shawl! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shawl is looking really lovely Jo.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Elise shawl is looking fantastic.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shawl is gorgeous I love how delicate it is and colours dreamy.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Elise Shawl is so pretty! The colour of yarn you have used is lovely too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shawl is so pretty, love the colour.

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jo, I left an answer to your question on my blog after your comment, I put it there as it might be useful to others, hope that the info helps you! xx

    ReplyDelete