Monday 11 November 2013

Blouse take two

I breezily said I was going to alter the neck on the Mathilde blouse, but the truth be told, I had no idea how to! Anyway, I unpicked the front facing with my new stich ripper (my mum bought me a new one from the stitch show in Sunday) and stood in front of the mirror all full of false confidence with dressmakers chalk.

 
It was fine, I took out a scoop  from the front and cut the same scoop off the facing and reapplied it. Great, I can breathe whilst wearing it now.

 
I tried all sorts of colour adjustments on the computer today but Little M was taking the photo so that is best I could do.
 
Got to go, the girls are weeping and a wailing in the bath some argument about a duck from the sounds of it... Jo x


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jo!!! And I love it paired with your necklace! So glad you got it all worked out!!! And a happy day to you with those girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty blouse, and well done to your little photographer, too! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you love wearing your blouse after the little amendment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely blouse you've made. You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute blouse and well done to the photographer
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breathing is important, so glad you were able to make the necessary adjustments! Well done you, it's lovely. Hope the duck issue was resolved quickly! Have a lovely week,
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous! I wondered if it was Liberty fabric and see from your previous post that it is. I'm glad you can breathe in it now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good finish Jo, and it looks lovely on you! xxx Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The blouse looks great on you! The photos are lovely, well done to Little M <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blouse looks perfect.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jo, my name is Rosie from Old Magnolia Tree. I've been picked out as your swap partner for the Ladybird Diaries Christmas Decoration Swap. I'm delighted I was because I may not have come across your great blog otherwise. I've been looking through it and it is simply great. I'm looking forward to reading a lot more from you.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete