Thursday 29 August 2013

Liebster Blog Award

I was thrilled to go over to Joy's blog Joyjinks Creations to find that she had nominated me for the Liebster Blog award, such a kind lady who makes such supportive comments here. You may have seen this award mentioned on various blogs but you may not, like me, really understand what it was about? Well, it is a sort of blog chain letter that nominates blogs from one reader to another. 'Liebster' is German for dearest. To nominate someone you have to choose someone with fewer than 200 followers, and recipients are asked to list some random facts about themselves, as well as answer some questions posed by the person giving the award. So here goes...lots to read:


1. The only two foods I don't like are marzipan and tinned pears.
2. I love belly dancing and have been doing it for 9 years.
3. I hate waste.
4. I met my man at Young Farmers Club but didn't get together with him until 8 years later
5. I am not fashionable
6. I learnt all my sewing and knitting skills from my mum but I taught her to crochet!
7. I wear Dr Martens sandals in the summer and DM boots in the winter.



Here are my questions from Joy.

1.Who has influenced you most in your life?
My dads mum. She has passed away some time now but she was a real make-do-and-mend farmer. She did not do much craft, she didn't have the time running a house with four farm lads, but she was really thrifty, kind and resourceful.
 
2  If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would it be?
Hard, because I have been all over the world and I always want to come back to Shropshire but I really liked the feel of Vancouver in Canada when we went there.
 
3  If you went back to school what would you choose to study?
I enjoyed French in secondary school and wished I had done an A-level to improve my skills but I thought it would be too hard so I didn't do it - lazy!
 
4 Are you impulsive when making decisions or do you ponder things first!
Impulsive (and I answered that question pretty quickly!)
 
5  What is your food preference when you eat out?
We don't eat out much with two little ones but I would rather have a fantastic restaurant meal out once a year and not go out otherwise. I am quite good at cooking so sometimes I get really disappointed if we eat out so we only eat out for our birthdays and we tend to throw some money at it and go somewhere really nice.
 
6  Looking at your average day, what do you enjoy best?
The evening, children snug in bed, crochet or my favourite project out on my lap chatting to bloke about our plans.
 
7  What gives you the least pleasure in your daily routine?
The endless picking things up from everybody, we live on three stories and everything seems to migrate southwards until I can no longer walk on the kitchen floor!
 
8  Is there a famous person that you would love to meet, and why?
Not really, I have had to really think hard about this but I really can't think of anyone. I have never really gone in for fame.
 
9  Tell us about a favourite place in your locality that you like to visit.
OOh lots! My favourite place is at my dad's farm in Shropshire picking blackberries, camping out in our trailer tent, pond dipping or just remembering my childhood.
 
10 If you were marooned on an island what would you choose to have with you?
Scissors. You can do a lot with just a pair of scissors.
A hook of course with yarn and some paper and pencil to write or draw.
 
11 What is your favourite type of film?
Comedy, I love comedy. I don't watch films, I end up in some sort of emotional roller coaster but I love comedy, British comedians and seeing live stand up. I can't get enough of laughing my socks off.
 
So there we are - that's me. Bit of a Shropshire farm girl who makes the most of what she has while laughing out loud.
 


 I would like to nominate Plain Jane I love the variety of her blog cooking, crafting, life etc. Go and take a peek she has a lovely blog header.
 
I would also like to choose Nicole and the Bee because she seems to be creating the same sort of thrifty stuff as me and I get lots of ideas from her blog. Have a look.
 
So ladies if you could list some random facts about yourself and answer the questions in one of your next posts that would be fabulous. It takes a bit of time but it is really enjoyable.
Thanks Joy for choosing me, I felt really touched. xx
 

PS. Had to throw in a few photos there as it looked like an autobiography. Jo xx
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Well done Jo - I feel like I know you a bit more now and, I might add, I knew what your answer to question no. 9 would be, and very nice too! I love the French language too and have tried to take it up again several times but always give up for there are so many other things vying for my attention! And I love your sandals! And even though I posed the question - I'm not into fame either! Oh yes, we have some similarities!
    Are you having your nominees answer the same questions that you answered or are you making up another list, which is what I did, and Chrissie did the same for me. Perhaps my directions were not good - sorry!
    Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used the same questions you posed. I thought they were good and covered all bases, I wasn't sure whether to make mu own or not but the chain will still work even if I don't make my own questions won't it? i'm sure we will be fine. Jo x

      Delete
    2. Thanks Jo, I'm sure it will be fine - I got a bit concerned that I hadn't passed on the info properly - just me being hard on myself!
      Happy weekend to you and yours!
      Joy xo

      Delete
  2. Fabulous Jo, it is so lovely to find out a little more about you. Really enjoyed your post Jo as always. Have a lovely day and one day when I am around your area I might be able to visit your class - would love that.
    Lots of love as always
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading this. It's always fun to get to know my fellow bloggers a little more. I really love your sandals, they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot Jo :) I didn't know you could get DM sandals, that is flipping well amazing!! I also interspersed my answers with photos, I thought it would add some much needed colour to my waffling :p

    ReplyDelete