Saturday 3 August 2013

Autumn knits

I have made a good job of finishing all my WIPS, except that pesky cardigan but I am going away next week and I am taking only that cardigan to do and I WILL finish it. It is knit in Aran so it is a winter cardigan otherwise I would have done it sleeveless. Also it is for a competition so I needs to be right.

So my thoughts are turning to Autumn/Winter knits. I have a lot of Country Style DK which was given to me in many colours and varying quantities.


Mmmm what shall I do?... have a flick through my old crochet inside magazines, spend an evening browsing through my books or look in my slightly more challenging Knitting magazine. Aha! Look at this...

 
Perfect. I spent last night weighing yarn matching colours ABCDEF to the quantities and I also knit a tension square (wowsers, I never do that!)It is called Moustiers and was featured in Knitting magazine March 2009. I think the variety of colours and stitch panels will make this really interesting to do.
 
 
There will have to be a few changes due to yarn quantities, extra stipe here and there but I think I can do it. I will not race this, I am going to take my time and enjoy the pattern. Are doing WIPS or are you looking for the next big project?

6 comments:

  1. It irks me to have too many projects on the go. So I tend to have one in progress and one at the planning stage. I'm finishing off a hat. Then I will start on a lap rug in autumn colours. I am also planning to take up sewing again. I like the colourful jumper pattern you found. It will be interesting to knit....which is a big bonus as many jumpers become tedious to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is on it's and this will be a wonderful project in yummy country wool. I can't wait to see how those colors look together. I love that teal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely autumn colours! Well done on finishing up your WIPs!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo the sweater is just lovely, I would be terrified at having to make changes but I know you will do a great job and I can't wait to see the finished garment, it will be lovely. Great post making me start to think about autumn.........
    Lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow tension squares! I'm really lazy and I've never made one but I've never made clothes so it's not been a problem. Can see you're looking to make sure this is spot on :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be fun to see how you bring the pink sweater to a successful finish for the competition, and I am all agog at the pattern you are planning to attempt! Brave woman!
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete