Tuesday 7 May 2013

B is for Beautiful Blue Bag

I used up the rest of the dress fabric and made a matching handbag to go with this dress. I think it will look way over the top but who cares. I hate putting away little bits, they never get used up so while I was clearing the decks I just got rid of all the bits.

 
The bag is from a free online tutorial. If you use my pinterest link and look on the Sewing board you will find loads of lovely bags to have a go at. My wish list is endless as far as these sorts of short easy to handle sewing projects go.
 
 
I have found that if I do a bit of sewing in between the yarn work I don't get muscle aches and pains so much and the
girls love the output.

 
I highly recommend magnet clasps for a really professional finish they look so much better than scrappy buttonholes or industrial looking press studs. You can get them here and they came extra fast. I have used one and have nine more to go so back to pintrest to dream awhile. Jo xx
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jo! This bag is so pretty. I'm in the process of planning a bag to sew and I really like yours. I'm planning to use sewn-on snaps for mine, I hope that works. I'm not terribly good at zippers. I really like your blog and am a new follower. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful makes. :)

    Jennifer
    http://thistlebearhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not over the top at all - it's gorgeous. Well done x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous bag! Really lovely.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bag and your chair- I had my first go at deco patching last week. Lovely blog just found you
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, bright, happy bag Jo - thank you for sharing your wide variety of projects with us - and I think you're very wise to 'ring the changes' when it comes to looking after the aches and pains! Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bag! I'm off to have a look at your pinterest page now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really lovely Jo :-) I have a new bag on my to do list - you're right there are just so many to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blooming Beautiful bag Jo - will look great with your dress!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete