Tuesday 16 April 2013

Such Joy

I have to blog my feelings of such utter joy. I have had a venture up my sleeve for a while now, I have wanted to teach crochet classes. Today I met my first four victims enthusiasts. They were all charming and we learnt to chain and hold the hook.


Three were knitters and one was a yarn novice all keen to learn something new. The course lasts for five weeks, one hour every Tuesday morning. I stocked up on thick yarn and a load of hooks. There was chat, tea and carrot cake.

 
We learnt to chain and get the hold right which was harder than I thought. You don't realise that crochet becomes a hand action you can just do. One lady moved onto making a flower with chains and the others made big long strings which they were very proud of. I loved it - the meeting people and seeing their faces change as they made progress, it was so heart warming.
 

I live in a three story house and my dining room and hall come off the front door so people came into my dining room all set up for a creative hour. Guess what? I have four more this evening so the table has been reset for the some more lovely people. Tuesday is crochet day.



PS: Still doing my dress, mum is coming for the final finish on Wednesday morning - very excited about life in general!

Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

9 comments:

  1. OOOh how exciting Jo!
    Congratulations - wishing you and your enthusiasts every success!
    Hope you have a great evening class too!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I've often thought about teaching but I'm too scared! I live in Shropshire too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that it went well Jo! Hope this evening is a success too :-):-) Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done. I teach knitting and crochet too on a Tuesday. I love passing my skills on to others xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done - I think the first bit of teaching is the hardest but once you get going it is such fun. Hope you have a lovely evening x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. how exciting - sounds like a great class!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, Jo! Glad it went so well. - Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and very best wishes with your classes Jo; I can feel your excitement jumping off the page. Well done you! It's wonderful to finally bring a dream to fruition isn't it! I very recently started my blog after much deliberation and nervousness and am so glad to have taken the plunge finally. Please feel welcome to pay me a visit some time. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic, well done! It sounds like your classes are going very well.
    M x

    ReplyDelete