Monday 4 March 2013

Landgirls

 
Little bit of light domestic duty to kick off the day, it sort of justifies that I am at home all day on a Monday so we sorted the socks. When you have two girls in the house the socks tend to get a bit jumbled up. We sorted them into Little M, Big Sis, too small and too big! That will whittle it down a bit in the morning, choosing socks can use up far too much time!

 
You may have read my post about my family scrapbook album here well here is the next page showing my grandmother and two of her sisters. They lived on a farm and were always 'landgirls' not just because there was a war on, it was their job anyway. You see there were six girls (not what a farmer wants) so three were brought up as landgirls and the other three were brought up on domestic duties. What a novel way to bring up your family whilst waiting for a son and heir! 
 

I journalled this little piece of family history here:

 
I guess you want to know how it turned out? Well, Norman was born next as sibling number 7. Phew!
 

Page finished. I need to get my knitting mojo back, I lost it somewhere. I always fall back on scrapbooking when I want a quick creative fix.
 
Busy week for me with work so chat soon. Jo xx
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo,
    Thank you for popping by and leaving me a comment and introducing me to your lovely blog. You do live in a lovely part of the country I lived 5 miles outside Shrewsbury for 2 years when I was a child and have fond memories of the area.
    That's a great idea of make a family scrapbook album and creating something that will be treasured by future generations.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete