Thursday 21 February 2013

Thank you

Made a few thank you cards this morning, which sounds very civilised but I am thanking friends and relatives for presents I received for my birthday on the 19th January, so I feel a bit guilty really.

 
 
I have to go the children have gone into full meltdown over a pair of gold ballet shoes from the dressing up box....
 
 
Back now - This card design is one I fall back on all the time. Four small squares on a big square with something in the middle. I always use it when I NEED a card quick and don't have lots of time to experiment with layout and all the super creative stuff.
 

It is made especially quick because when I have got some paper bits left over from scrapbooking. I use a square punch to cut out four squares and I paper clip them together then chuck them in a drawer for when I need them.


What about squares on top of squares which is my other option if my focal point is a bit bigger liked this stamped image of a birdie.

On the thank you theme, a little thank you to everyone who has commented on my new blog so far. I am gradually adding bits every day to the layout (all new to me!) but it is really heartwarming to know someone has read my ramblings.

I am off for some half term kiddie fun today. We are going to Blists Hill for a bygone wander and a visit to the olde sweet shoppe. Ironbridge is less than a mile from us so see you later xx

 
 

2 comments:

  1. your cards are just lovely! thank you so much for the little key fob you sent me, it's on my keys now as i really needed a new one! kellyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Jo - and fab idea to have the 'ingredients' organised (or in my case it would be stashed somewhere but not sure where!) from your previous project. A square punch sounds cool too - my hand cut sqaures are never quite square...
    Ali

    ReplyDelete