Monday 28 August 2017

Festival Frolics

We have had a fabulous weekend at the Shrewsbury Folk festival. A huge event full of colour, music, dancing, tradition, activity and food. Here is a little ensemble of images from our action packed weekend.


The girls had henna hand tattoos.


I danced and danced and danced. My fitness tracker said I had done over 23,000 steps on both Saturday and Sunday! We danced on stage at the festival and in the local town of Shrewsbury with the Morris dancing teams. I danced on Sunday from 11am to 4pm every 5 or 10 mins with a 20 minute break to scoff a sandwich.


There is not a single photo of me, I took so many of my friends though in their wonderful costumes which we all make ourselves.


oooh! some hand dyed yarn...


What do you think happened?...



The stall holder said she felt very honoured that I had broken my stash diet embargo for 2017 on one of her hand dyed skeins. This one is called 'Winter Rainbow' Just beautiful.


A spot of sock knitting which attracted three more sock knitters who walked past, they said Hi and parked for a knit and a chat.





The children went to an Indian dance workshop, family yoga, circus skills and a festivcal slam workshop playing instruments and singing.


I watched a lot of Morris dancing from all over the country. These guys were in our dance set for busking in town - they were loud, raucous and a lot of fun. (some of that may have been real ale induced!)

All four of us have slept in the back of a transit van for two nights but it was cosy after a night of watching live music in the big tent. We are pretty worn out now, a sort of happy tired...

What have you been up to this weekend?
Jo xxx

8 comments:

  1. Lots of fun memories there. It looks like you will sleep well in your own beds tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos love the henna tattoos. The winter rainbow yarn looks lovely will need to see it knitted up, so please share. What have I been up to this weekend? Well Saturday at the cafe, Sunday at the cafe oh and Monday at the cafe. Am I hot and tired too, you bet. Still that should be the last silly weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fabulous weekend! Lovely memories for you all, and great photos, too.
    I went dancing also, just a 1980s disco at a pub in town. It was fun but I forgot to wear my step tracker. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful, great photos. My hubbys cousin is in a Tribal Bellydancing group too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing, those costumes of your friends were a delight. I must admit I have done very little, just vegetating in an armchair getting my strength back after all my adventures of the last month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you have shared this already - you must be shattered! I am still at the festival, can't bear to leave it yet. Four words: Smells Like Teen Spirit! Did Jake and Dan dare you? Fabulous post, and fabulous festival. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...looks like a LOT of fun! We mostly just stayed in to avoid the extreme heat we're having (112 on Sunday and climbing since!). I did go out on Sunday though to meet up with a friend I hadn't seen in many years. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That all looks and sounds like so much fun, and no wonder you were tired! Our bank holiday weekend was fairly low key in comparison, with some friends to stay. You did right buying that hand dyed yarn, you won't regret it. x

    ReplyDelete