Saturday 21 January 2017

Sudoku Knitting

I don't do Sudoku or crosswords or brain training puzzles. Knitting patterns are my equivalent. I really enjoyed making this hat recently out of left over stash. It is a thinking knitters project.



The yarn is the last ball of King Cole Merino blend aran left over from my crochet bag and the green Wendy Serenity Chunky is the last bit of yarn left from my oh so wearable green jumper



I had to adapt the pattern to use up the wool I had but that was half the fun too. The rib is single not doubled over, I was unable to complete the individual snowflake stitches towards the top but as the pattern was written for DK and I was using chunkier wool, I didn't have room for that bit of pattern anyway so I motored on with the crown decreases.



I also had a go with the tassel maker I had for Christmas but in truth, it was no better than wrapping yarn round a piece of card but there you are, it was fun all the same.

I will leave you with a few wintery snaps from a walk which have no particular narrative or link other than the theme of 'cold' to go with the woolly hat.




Another stash busting gift for the present box. 
Thanks for dropping by. 
Jo x

21 days without buying craft materials, Whoop!

15 comments:

  1. Oh well done you looks great and I love the pattern and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted that picture to show you the hats - aren't they cute?

      Delete
  2. Love your hat! Well done for not buying any craft stuff, it can be very difficult to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hat Jo but today it was such a delight to see your girls walking together holding hands. Sisterly love is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very wearable hat. A double brim would have probably hidden some of your snowflakes, so your alteration was a lucky improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stashbusting is good. Must start practicing this skill, too. Love the hat. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely pattern and a great stash buster too! Win, win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this hat! I wish I could read knitting patterns for this sort of thing! My knitting skills are pretty basic
    Frankie
    Www.knitwits-owls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am honest with you Frankie, I did it by following the picture chart thingy. I didn't actually read any knitting words.

      Delete
  8. Great hat Jo, you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I feel a knitting challenge coming on! I love the hat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well of course another great finish and another great use of what you have already!! You are so great at this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stash busting feels so good doesn't it Your hat is lovely, perfect for these frosty mornings.
    I was interested to hear about the tassel maker. I thought I was fancy using a piece of card and wondered how to top that, I'm curious to see what they are/how they work. I'll have to look out for one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the hat! I like the pattern, I always wear a hat on cold weather or I end up with ear ache. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So well done, Jo! And you are a great model for your pretty hat! xx

    ReplyDelete