Friday 9 October 2015

Winter Project link party

I am joining in with Jennifer over at Thistlebear like many others to share my winter crochet project.


My cabin blanket has been going really well. I have only been making squares when I am there so it has been on the go since April 2014. That is fine but I ran out of wool up there two weeks ago so I brought it home for a bit of a re-think.


I have made 38 lacy squares but no plan - as usual!


I ordered some more Stylecraft DK this week to mix in with the colours and have enough for a border. I love this soft blue and was really pleased with the colour. The colours were inspired by the nature and blue/grey skies up at our farm hang out.


It is still going to take a while. All those ends, blocking the squares, choosing where to put them and then of course making a sturdy border. The blanket is quite lacy so it needs something to hold it altogether.


There are some lovely blankets on the links, not least Jennifer's hensfoot blanket which looks so cosy. Go and take a look.

Here's to some progress on this project. 
Jo x

10 comments:

  1. Lovely colours Jo! I am not good at choosing soft and soothing colours, somehow everything I touch ends up being very bright. Nice to have a cabin only project. It makes it special special. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours, looking forward to watching its progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are gorgeous. I don't mind long term projects, I've started a CAL but I'm working it up in my own time, I'd rather enjoy the process rather than rushing along just to keep up. I've joined Jennifer's link party too, I think it will keep up all motivated with our makes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are great and I am looking forward to see what colours you will add.
    I will follow it via the winter project party.
    Have a great day,
    Miss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo, thank you so much for joining my link party! I love the colors in your squares, they're so beautiful and they look like the colors in that photo of your girls. I'm really excited to see your progress this winter. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good! I'm glad you are celebrating with us too, Jo! I admire your ability to spot the colors in that beautiful photo of your girls, and envision using them in your cabin blanket. I'm cheering you on and hope you and yours have a Happy Weekend. We raked some maple tree leaves yesterday and so any more have fallen over night it looked like we hadn't raked! I expect among other things we will be doing more raking this weekend, but I am planning on doing some stitching as well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the shades of blue in your blanket, it will be gorgeous! The photo of your girls among the bluebells is beautiful. Wishing you all a happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors, you are right they are soothing and so beautify placed together. It will be wonderful to watch as it all comes together. Those girls of yours are just darling.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the post! Have a wonderful weekend:)

    Www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm joining the party too. Your blanket is looking good so far - I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete