Wednesday 7 October 2015

Starting at square one

You have to start somewhere, right? I cut out my entire box of scraps in the summer holidays into patchwork pieces with absolutely no plan whatsoever. That's me.


I have made my first block. Hand sewn with paper piecing in the centre and machine sewn around the solid colour border. I think I will re-evaluate this when I have made about 20. I think I will probably have to re cut the borders with my rotary cutter for joining accuracy but I need not worry about that right now.


I have managed two more since I first started writing this post.



A purple one using my blouse scraps.



and another red and blue one using the rest of my owl apron fabric.

This project is a slow burner but mighty satisfying.
Jo xx

11 comments:

  1. Love using up scraps. II have started some hexies,perfect for having in my bag for those hours spent in the park. These squares look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love what you are making...piece by piece, Jo. Thanks for posting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire anyone who does this kind of work. I wish I had the patience. They all look lovely. You have a real talent for sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely! While a fantastic way to use up scraps, it can also be quite the uplift of creativity - getting to mesh all of those colors together in a pleasing way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jo! It will be a lovely quilt full of memories of all of your different projects which is what I think a good quilt often is! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly a project for looking at and contemplating previous work and places, a fantastic use of oddments and a stunning piece of work in its own right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Practice makes perfect don't they say. I think both are lovely and the colours go really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrappitastic lovely work
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I have the purple one please, it is beautiful. The other ones are of course great, too :-) I am still collecting fabric for that elusive quilt of mine. I just can't cut into it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them and in awe you can just cut out pieces and come out with those beautiful squares.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete