Thursday 19 March 2015

Hooray! Hoodie

I made a sweatshirt hoodie for Big Sis. She has been asking for this pattern for ages then my go-to-jersey online shop myfabrics.co.uk kindly sent me some fabric and I got stuck in.


The fabric needed was sweatshirt jersey, which is fleecy on the reverse. I also received fantastic quality single jersey for the hoodie lining along with matching cuffing fabric. I like to buy my fabric from the UK but this German company has such a wide choice of Jersey. Since I have owned an overlocker I have bought a lot more of these stretch fabrics for childrens wear.



The cuffing from this company is amazing; tight knit, firm and in an amazing array of colours. 


She really loves it as you can tell.




Thanks for looking.
Jo x


All views are genuinely my own. I chose the pattern from Ottobre and then selected appropriate fabric to make it. Myfabrics.co.uk sent me the jersey free of charge. Many thanks.



17 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous and I can tell she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really impressed, she looks adorable in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Cute AND practical :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could she not love her new hoodie. So cute. xx to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh.....I would buy that from you in a heartbeat!!! It is adorable!!!! Jo you amaze me! Seriously! Happy Friday lovely lady! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jo
    Another fabulous project! Congratulations! I have bought fabrics from Myfabrics too and was seriously impressed with the choice. I was looking for one particular retro floral cotton, couldn't find it in the UK, but found it there. They were very quick and efficient too.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is absolutely gorgeous, I'd wear it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic top Jo! So professional. Thanks for the info on fabric -I am looking for some jersey and will take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Jo you sister is very lucky to have such a clever big sister to make great clothes for her! Have a great weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks adorable, but she would look adorable in anything wouldn't she?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I've probably said similar before, but I don't think anyone would know this was hand made (apart from people who know you I guess). It's perfectly finished and just looks fabulous! Have you ever thought about entering the Sewing Bee? I don't know if you've watched it (I was obsessed haha) but I think you'd be great on it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking about it but the time constraint may unleash my habit to use the F word while sewing more than usual! Thanks for the compliment anyway...I will keep thinking.

      Delete
  12. It's adorable Jo. I'd love one. Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is gorgeous! Who needs Boden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have that air about it doesn't it. She loves it and has been wearing it for over a week now!

      Delete
  14. Hooray! Well made and well modeled :-) xx

    ReplyDelete