Wednesday 17 December 2014

Hooray! more slippers

Just popping in to share a really lovely slipper pattern from here.


If I had paid attention to which colour run I had a started with on the first slipper I might have had a chance to repeat that swirly diagonal swish which happened on the right slipper...but I didn't so there is a little tip for you if you are using variegated yarn.


The yarn is Sirdar Folksong which was a bargain, it is soft and has a beautiful cotton feel on your feet. They are made on a 5mm hook which makes them a bit big for me (probably a UK size 6)so my next pair, yes there will be another pair, will be on 4.5mm in an attempt to get a size 5.


Thanks for stopping by. Keep those toes cozy. Jo xx

13 comments:

  1. Hello lovely Jo. So sorry that you have been unwell. And that I'm only wishing you well now. The lurgy visited us again late last week. Horrible tummy bugs for the little fairy and I. Love your slippers! Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. link to pattern does not connect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have linked again. Try again Mrs Vee. Jo x

      Delete
  3. Lovely slippers I'm using the same wool to make a cowl at the moment, it's lovely and soft isn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look amazingly comfortable, and the colors are fantastic! I shall have to try this pattern, it looks easy enough, yet highly satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely slippers. I think I have the same pattern bookmarked. I should get on with making them! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea! I love the yarn too, just right for this sort of thing and definitely more my colour than the pink of your daughters! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! I like these VERY much! The yarn and the pattern. Gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the pattern, Jo and the result of you following it, your pretty slippers...my cold toes say I need to get busy and make some :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are really nice and look so cozy, the color it's so nice. Great!!

    Lluisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I found your blog via your comment on 'Tales from a Happy House' and have enjoyed flicking through your posts - you are very creative. I love the snazzy slippers; so jolly and cozy. I might have to add them to my 'To Do' list! Have a very merry Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are so soft and cozy looking.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete