Wednesday 29 October 2014

Upcycled Blanket box

So that hat was a winner then? Thank you for all your lovely comments they really did make me smile.

Last week or was it the week before, my mum gave me this box.


The hinges had gone on it and someone had pasted on some childrens wallpaper images a long time ago but I saw some potential for cabin furniture.



So in between putting out crafty things for the children to play I added a few coats of paint.

Next I hunted out some decopatch paper(C569)and used these to cover the tongue and groove planks as these were the parts that had previously had paper on. Even after sanding they were not completely smooth so it did a good cover up job.



We are lucky enough to have an old fashioned ironmongers in our little town so I bought two long hinges on one of our bakery jaunts. All finished.




Ta dah! An ideal piece of multi-use furniture for the cabin. A seat, a table and a storage box. 



Being at the cabin is a bit more of an indoor affair at this time of year. Den building on the bottom bunk is key to the fun.


Thanks for stopping by.
More mild weather and a walk today I think.
 Jo x







18 comments:

  1. Love what you have done with the box - it now has a new lease of life and is a very pretty and practical addition to your cabin :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a fantastic job of that storage box. Well done to your Mum for spotting its potential and to you for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's brilliant Jo...so pretty.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That box is so pretty! It makes my tempted to revamp all our furniture! We've got a solid pine bedroom set and it's lovely and sturdy I just hate pine :( might have to do a revamp !!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty box! I am very jealous of all your cabin fun x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That box is fab Jo - and so multi functional too! I love the photo of the bunk bed den - simple things can be so much fun! Enjoy your walk x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea and it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is exquisite, a real delight you have made a perfect addition for the cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the most perfect repurposed box I have ever seen! It is adorable as are your cuties up there! What a cozy spot you have created friend! Happy week to you Jo! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! What a great idea to decopatch it too - well done and it looks just fab. Apparently it's going to be sunny and mild tomorrow & Friday, so hope you manage to get out & about. Enjoy the rest of half-term,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw! That under-the-bunk hideout is adorable! I like your treasure box, too! I found your blog through Lynn at Sunny Side of the Street! I'm so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely brilliant, I love it. You've transformed it and made it beautiful. And how cute are your girls in their den?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow it's stunning such a transformation, looks like you are all enjoying half term
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That box re-do is just lovely. I think this is my first visit to your blog - I love the phrase at the top, "I make something every day," which encourages me, though I am not particularly crafty. You made me realize that I also do this, though some things I make are intangible, and some are along the lines of "I make things a tiny bit tidier than they were." Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right! Sometimes I just make dinner and make everyone happy. That is enough for me. Jo x

      Delete
  15. WOW! You are really creative. The finished product is both beautiful and practical. I love the cozy little den the girls made. I think I'd like to spend a day hiding out in there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great upcycle, I especially like the idea of the decopage, that is very creative. Definitely good cabin furniture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That box is brilliant Jo.
    Well done.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete