Thursday 9 October 2014

Hooray! Vintage top

I rather like this. When you wear it, it feels like a comfy jacket that is not flapping around. It is made from a kind of linen suiting fabric (free from house clearance - thanks Caroline!)



It is hard to show the colour but I would say it is between the two greens. It needs a final pressing with some steam but my iron is all sticky from interfacing and needs a good scrape! It is on my to do list along with hoover, mop the floor, clean the bathroom and all that other dull stuff!

The pattern is here, it was view 3.


I'm wearing it for work tomorrow. Tres chic I think. 
What do you think?
Jo xxxxx



11 comments:

  1. Oui, tres chic and perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely tres chic, in fact stunning, the pattern is a real delight. It is such a pleasure to see these old patterns still been used, well done you. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic, Jo!
    So stylish!!! I love linen, it is a pleasure to wear.
    Good pattern to use, I bet you will make more with it!
    Enjoy wearing it!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's very smart, everyone at work will want you to make one for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really cute! I'm not sure I would have considered it from the pattern but I sure would after seeing the one you made. It does look comfy and very chic! Enjoy! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It came out really nice! I love the shaping with the bust darts and waist, it looks very tailored and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very chic indeed. I love clothes that you can forget about when you wear, that don't itch or ride up or slip down. I seem to be forever yanking my jeans up. Stylish clothes that are comfortable are the best thing ever. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, it is so tailored and beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete