Wednesday 22 January 2014

Presents from friends and family

My birthday presents over the weekend this year reflected two things - my love of all things crafty and the ability of my family and friends to really know me inside out.



Vintage Amber earrings from my best mate.


Chutney labels, shower gel and a lovely floaty scarf. I am wearing it so it is hard to photograph.

Great books


From my friend who shares my love of all things second hand.


From my next door neighbour - do you think she can hear me swearing through the wall when my sewing goes wrong?!


Bloke bought me this and a Best of Bob Dylan CD


Pretty sewing notions

My brother and his family gave me these cooking inspired things.


My mum lives close by and visits often, she knows what it feels like in this house!


And finally this, it should make you laugh, my dad bought it...


I think I could be interviewed and it would not give as much information about me as this generation-game-conveyor-belt-style list of gifts.

Thanks for looking and laughing hopefully. Jo xxxxx

22 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jo! What great a gifts from your family, it certainly looks as if they know your likes very well.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO! What lovely things to have received, your family and friends obviously know you well! That is so nice. Your earrings are very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh Fab gifts, i like the look of the Thermal tights, will have to have a look round for them,i'm currently sporting 200 denier opaques quite a romantic look......not, but at least i'm cosy!!!
    Best Wishes
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful presents! You have very thoughtful friends and family! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are loved Jo! And I always knew you ha better ideas. :-) Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that sign is soooo funny...!
    he must know you well!!
    Daisy j

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooo And I forgot to say Happy Birthday (belatedly) I was laughing so much!
    nice one Jo...x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Jo, you certainly received some lovely thoughtful presents. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely presents Jo, it seems you are very loved.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful thoughtful gifts - hope you had a very special birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photo-list of gifts and your commentary has left me smiling, Jo, and it does help me know you a bit better:) Thanks for letting me celebrate your birthday, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect perfect Jo!!!! What an amazing collection and the best part is that your loved ones really know you...nothing better than that lady! Bob Dylan, vintage goodies, a beautiful sewing and garden book...geez u need to send your peeps to me! Ha! So beautiful and I absolutely adore that sign!!!!! Cheers to a great day!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday you have some wonderful gifts enjoy them all
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful gifts, lucky you. I hope you had a lovely birthday. I'm especially envious of the shed book and the sign about having better ideas. Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Jo! Enjoy all your lovely books!!!!
    Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of your gifts are lovely. I hope you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!! I hope you had a great day. You've had some fab gifts, those earrings are stunning and I love the books, you've had. Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday Jo ... lovely gifts and your new sign is brilliant ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Belated Birthay Jo - what lovely thoughtful gifts, your family and friends obviously appreciate and love you and how wonderful is that! Warm hugs, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday Jo! Your friends & family are GOOD! I love everything they bought you, it all seems to suit you very well :-) Lets assume your neighbour has seen your sewing rather than heard anything else ;-)

    ReplyDelete