Tuesday 5 November 2013

Scrapbook history

I have been working hard on catching up with holiday scrapbooking and now my attentions turn to my heritage album which is an on going project. I am collecting my family history information and family photographs. My goal was to get it nearly complete by November so that I could photograph the pages and make hardback books to give as Christmas presents to my family and I am beginning to think it might not happen.

Anyway after a rummage around in the box I found these bits and pieces...


 
I put them on a layout with some photographs of my granddad as they were all his belongings: a 5d stamp, his wartime ID card, medical card and his member badges from our local agricultural show.
 
I found some photos of him in various outfits.
 
 
They are not sepia toned, just really bad light conditions you get from photographing in the evening.
 

 
One more for the album. Hope you are having a great week whatever you are up to. Jo x
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. A lovely way to keep all those precious memories. I have boxes and boxes of things that I have to put together. One day... one day!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely project.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so lovely Jo, and so nice of you to think to turn the finished pages into a book. Keep going, I'm sure that you will get there, it is just one of those projects that takes a little time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful way to showcase memories! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful thing to do, Jo, and one that won't be rushed, so keep plodding on and you'll get there; it'll certainly be worth all the effort that these jobs take. Hugs to you, Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful gift! That is one that your family will treasure for years to come and probably a very neat project for you to work on! I have been trying to keep up with the beans books...it is a job in itself!!! I just love those photos of your granddad as well! Happy day to you tomorrow friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really lovely idea and a very thoughtful gift xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab project, well done you. Keep at it, you'll get there and it will be a treasured family memory book for many years to come. Looking forward to seeing you on Sat :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful project! Your family will surely love it!

    ReplyDelete