Wednesday 19 June 2013

Hooray! Mrs Mouse

Look at this little mouse. I made her last week at craft club with my friend. It is a very useful mouse too you know.
 
 
It is a doorstop. Inside she is weighted down with a sandbag.
 
 
It is called a 'stargazing mouse doorstop' and was featured in a magazine called Sew Hip (Jan 2009) I don't think you can get it anymore but my friend used to pass them on to me.
 
 
She has a dark-eyed friend, Mr Mouse. I will probably give them as gifts or put them on my next craft fair table. I actually have three more cut out so they will be easy to put together in little pockets of time this week.(it will be harder to find the time than make the mouse) The fabric is a Liberty print I have used here and the mouse colour was... um let me think...just under the bed like it is in this house! Hope you get to make something this week.
Jo x
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Not only cute Jo, but useful too!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little mice, very sweet and well made too.
    M c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo they are so sweet and I adore the Liberty print, so classy. You could make whole families of these as they are gorgeous. I know my grandchildren all love mice so I am sure your craft table would have many admirers. Do you have specific fairs you go to? Would love to catch up with you one day if you were part of a fair. Have a great day
    Lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I have a stargazing hare in my garden that I love. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo.
    What a cute mouse! love the floral ears x

    ReplyDelete