Wednesday 3 April 2013

A sublime hat

This is a hat that has to be worn to be photographed, it looks ridiculous lying flat. So here is Big Sis busy with her knitting wearing her new hat. I know I said I was going to do it later in the year but I am waiting for my new wool to arrive and I don't like having empty needles!


It is from the Sublime 630 book, featured yesterday. I made it in the rest of the Debbie Bliss Eco Aran from my 'turtle' vest but knit it in 4mm needles to make it tight and cosy. I made the flower in red as her coat has a red fleece lining in the hood and body. The tassles? Mmm! well not my idea but she wanted them and they do look kind of cute now they are on there.

 

This is my favourite flower embellishment. It is more 3D than most you see so it looks good with a button in the centre. It was scribbled down for me years ago from an Aunt so I guess I can share it with you. I will get a few photos later because there is a move in there where you dc 'round the back of a post' and it is a bit tricky but great when you can see it.

Happy Thursday, I am off to the local market for haberdashery stuff and a quick look round the second hand shops for metal edged zips. See you tomorrow. Jo xx


2 comments: